A personal injury can lead to significant medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and long-term reduced earning potential.
Your Georgia personal injury lawyer from The Shrable Law Firm, P.C. is standing by to review your personal injury case. As you’ll read below, if we take your case you’ll pay nothing up-front, and nothing out-of-pocket, ever.
Plus, we only get paid if we win your case. Book your consultation today.
Why Choose Us: Relationships & Results
The difference between a law firm and a full-service law firm like The Shrable Law Firm, P.C. is the focus.
A normal law firm is focused on client intake, case closeout, and earnings. We take a client-centered approach, and you’ll be able to recognize the difference immediately. Our highly experienced Albany personal injury lawyers take the time to get to know you and your case so that we can provide the best possible representation every step of the way.
Outside of our client-centered approach to firm management, we also have a proven track record of success. Our attorneys know how to negotiate the best possible settlement with the insurance company on your behalf.
If the insurance company will not come to a fair settlement, we will file a lawsuit and take them to court to make them.
Why Choose Us: Relationships & Results
When we take personal injury cases, we take them on contingency. If we offer to take your case, we only get paid if we win out of a portion of the settlement or award that we’ll agree upon before getting started.
Your initial consultation is risk-free and cost-free. We’ll discuss the circumstances of your accident and collect some basic information that will help us determine if we can help you. If we can, we’ll present you with an offer of representation, and you’ll have a chance to ask any questions you might have.
We treat clients like family
Our approach ensures that our clients are treated like a part of our family. The more we make, the more you make, and the other way around. This motivates us to provide you with the best possible representation we can, just like we would for our own family.
We prepare every case for trial
When the insurance company will not come to a fair settlement agreement that fully covers your damages, it’s necessary to take them to court. We prepare every case as though we’ll take it to trial, which means that we put together the strongest claim possible from the get-go.
While other law firms might take a step-by-step approach that can lead to a lengthy negotiations process and the need for a lawsuit afterward, we are direct and go straight for what you are entitled to.
We pursue maximum compensation
Our Practice Areas
Nursing Home Abuse
If you or a loved one has experienced physical, psychological, or financial abuse in a nursing home or assisted care facility, we can help them recover the full amount they are entitled to as a result of the injuries from elder abuse.
Losing a loved one to a tragic accident can entitle the surviving spouse, children, or parents to compensation for their lost financial and emotional contribution to the household.
Determining Fault in an Albany Personal Injury Accident
When you’ve been injured in an accident, you are entitled to compensation if you can prove that someone else was the cause of the accident. This is a legal term known as “negligence,” which in turn will make a party “liable.”
Negligence has four parts:
- Duty – The party that caused the accident must have owed you some duty or responsibility, like driving sober and following the speed limit.
- Breach – The party that caused the accident must have breached their responsibility to you, like when an employer does not fix an unsafe condition in the workplace.
- Causation – The breach of duty must have been the cause of the accident that led to your injuries.
- Damages – The injury that was caused by the breach of duty must have resulted in measurable damages that you can prove with evidence.
When it can be proven that another party was at fault for the accident, you will be able to recover damages. To prove fault you must do so with evidence that would be sufficient to be accepted by the court.
Your Albany personal injury lawyer from The Shrable Law Firm, P.C. collects evidence in support of your case, including:
- Any police or official reports of the accident that caused your injury
- The collection of evidence from witnesses and if necessary expert witnesses
- Requests for production
Evidence must be collected and carefully scrutinized, and the outcome of past similar cases can influence yours. Working with an experienced attorney is the best way to ensure that your case is best positioned to win.
Comparative Fault in Georgia
Under the doctrine of comparative fault in Georgia, negligence is codified through the Official Code of Georgia, which states:
“If the plaintiff by ordinary care could have avoided the consequences to himself caused by the defendant’s negligence, he is not entitled to recover. In other cases the defendant is not relieved, although the plaintiff may in some way have contributed to the injury sustained.”
When the plaintiff is found to be 50% or more negligent in comparison to the defendant, then the plaintiff is unable to recover anything at all. Essentially, this means that if you were the cause of the accident, or your actions were more than half responsible for your injuries, you can’t collect compensation for your injuries.
The insurance carefully scrutinizes all claims. They will try and use the evidence to prove that you were the cause of the accident. Your Albany personal injury lawyer will handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance company for every step of the process.
This not only ensures that you recover the full amount in compensation that you are entitled to, but also that you won’t have to deal with the stress.
Types of Injuries that Fall Under PI
When you’re in an accident, any injury might qualify as a personal injury that you could be entitled to compensation for. This can include injuries from:
- Motor vehicle collisions like car accidents and 18-wheeler crashes
- Workplace injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- Any other accident that can lead to you having medical bills and lost income
Following are some of the more common personal injuries that we’ve helped clients recover complete compensation for:
- Bone and muscle injuries – Soft tissue damage can lead to long-term complications that can require surgeries and mental health counseling.
- Burns – Burn injuries can be especially costly as any burn beyond a second-degree will require skin grafts. This can cause extensive scarring, limit mobility, and mental health challenges related to the changes in one’s appearance.
- Head and brain injuries – Brain injuries, commonly referred to as traumatic brain injury or TBI, can lead to permanent changes in your brain chemistry that can impact your ability to work or enjoy your personal life.
- Internal injuries – Internal injuries can lead to long-term health issues and even total disability that can entitle you to compensation for lost earnings and any related expenses.
- Neck and back injuries – Neck and back injuries can lead to long-term pain and suffering, in addition to the need of ongoing medical care in the form of surgeries and rehabilitation.
- Spinal cord injuries – The spinal cord serves as the central communication network from your brain throughout your entire body. Spinal cord injuries can lead to partial or complete paralysis and the inability to control essential bodily functions.
- And much more – Whenever you have been in an accident that was caused by someone else and experienced injury that led to damages, you could be entitled to compensation, whatever the injury might be.
How Personal Injury Claims Work
When another party caused the accident that led to your injury, you’ll generally file a claim with the insurance company of the responsible party.
The claims process begins with collecting evidence to prove that the other party is liable and accurately measure and prove your damages.
Once evidence is collected, you’ll present your claim to the insurance company and attempt to negotiate a fair settlement that fully covers your damages. When this is not possible, it is necessary to file a lawsuit against them in court.
How to Choose the Best Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Needs
The American Bar Association notes that the most important aspect to consider when hiring a lawyer is what area of the law they have experience in.
When it comes to the practice of law, experience is one of the most important characteristics that you need to look for. Without experience winning cases in your local courts, your attorney will be at a disadvantage against the insurance companies that argue cases non-stop to deny whatever claims they can.
While most law firms might be quick to answer the phone and sign you as a client, not all law firms have the time to carefully handle all the cases they have, or to take the time to communicate with their clients throughout the process.
Our client-centered approach means that we’ll be available when necessary to move your case forward.
When it comes time to negotiate with the insurance company, reputation matters. Our firm’s reputation for aggressively pursuing maximum compensation on behalf of our clients encourages the insurance companies to be fair and negotiate sooner rather than later.
Hurt in an accident? The Shrable Law Firm is here for you and your family
Being injured in an accident can lead to financial issues for your household if your associated costs and expenses aren’t covered.
With a committed Albany personal injury attorney from The Shrable Law Firm, P.C. you can step back as we handle the entire claims process for you.
For your risk-free, cost-free initial case assessment, schedule a consultation or call us at (229) 349-6291.
Wrongful Death Claim
Albany Personal Injury Lawyer
Albany Office Address
Address : 624 Point N. Blvd, Albany, GA, 31707