When an automobile accident causes a car to flip onto its side or to roll all the way over once or several times, it’s considered a rollover accident. While any car can experience a rollover, vehicles with higher centers of gravity, like vans, trucks, jeeps, and SUVs, are more prone to rollover accidents. If you or a loved one have been injured in a rollover accident, contact an Albany rollover accident lawyers today. We will protect your rights and fight for you to receive maximum compensation for the damages you have sustained.
Steps to take after being hurt in a rollover accidentTo keep yourself safe and to make sure you have all the information you might need in the future, there are steps you should take following a rollover accident. Follow these steps to secure yourself, your property, and a potential future lawsuit.
1. Move to a safer locationMake sure you are in a safe location. If you are physically able, exit your car and move to an area that is not dangerous. For instance, if your car is upside down on a curvy road, you will want to get out of the car so that another car does not come along and hit you, increasing your chance of injury.
2. Call 911 and ask for police and an ambulanceAlert emergency services that there has been an accident. Give the 911 dispatcher all of the information you have about possible injuries. Let them know if you or your passengers have sustained injuries or if someone else involved in the accident has been harmed.
3. Tell your side of the story to the responding police officerSoon after the accident, law enforcement will arrive on the scene. It is important to be polite and to explain to them the details of the accident. This is a good time to remind you not to accept blame or to apologize.
4. Notify your insurance companyIt is important to contact your insurance company as soon as possible. It is advisable to call them from the scene if your injuries do not prevent you from doing so. They will be able to direct you as to your next steps and advise you of any information they might require.
5. Gather evidence at the sceneIf you are able, document the scene. Take photographs of the conditions, the damaged vehicles or property, and any injuries you can, along with weather conditions and any road conditions that might have contributed to the accident. Witness statements can factor heavily into your case, so gather contact information from anyone who might have seen something important.
6. Visit Urgent Care or your primary care physicianSometimes, adrenaline runs high after a rollover accident, or you may be in shock following the rollover accident. Because of this, you may not experience the pain you usually would from an injury. Let the medical professionals determine the extent of your injuries and follow the treatment protocols they prescribe.
7. Consult with an Albany car rollover accident attorneyYou should contact an Albany car accident lawyer as soon as possible. By doing so soon after the wreck, your attorney can give you instructions that will ensure that your rights are protected. While the scene is fresh and the memories of those involved or who witnessed the accident are recent, your Albany car rollover lawyer can gather and preserve information while investigating your accident. They will offer you legal guidance that may help you secure damages for the injuries you sustained in the crash.
Make sure you meet the deadline to file a claimIn Georgia, you have two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury claim. This deadline is known as the “statute of limitations,” and if you don’t meet the deadline, you lose the right to sue.
Possible damages you can claimAfter a rollover accident, you might be eligible for compensation. These can come in the form of economic or non-economic damages.
Economic damagesEconomic damages are easily calculated as they directly correlate with the costs associated with the accident. Economic damages include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Rehabilitation costs
- Repair or replacement of vehicle
- Lost wages
- Home alterations
- Loss of earning opportunities
- Mobility devices
Non-economic damagesNon-economic damages are tougher to calculate because they are not directly reflected by monetary damage. However, they are no less serious. Listed below are some examples of common non-economic damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of reputation
- Reduced quality of life
We fight insurance companies to get you the maximum compensationOur compassion for our clients drives us to fight for them. We understand the life-changing damages that a rollover accident in Albany, Georgia can cause. Our rollover attorneys strive to provide our clients with the full compensation they deserve.
Parties who may be liable for the accidentYour Albany rollover accident lawyer will investigate your case, review police reports, and possibly talk to witnesses to determine who is liable for the rollover accident. By determining the responsible party, you will know who to pursue damages from following the wreck.
How our Albany rollover accident lawyers prove negligenceOur Albany rollover accident lawyers will investigate your case and work hard to prove negligence on the part of the responsible driver. This will work in your favor when it comes to collecting the damages you are entitled to in an insurance negotiation or a lawsuit.
Common rollover accident injuriesRollover accidents can end fatally or in serious injury. Some of the most common injuries sustained from a rollover accident are listed below:
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Internal organ damage
“Dos” and “don’ts” of dealing with insurance after an accidentThere are some simple things you should and shouldn’t do after a car rollover accident. Let’s begin with some of the things you should do following a wreck:
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Review your insurance policy before speaking with an adjuster, and take time to carefully read about the coverage and the exclusions you may face.
- Take detailed notes and keep a journal of conversations you have with the insurance company’s staff.
- Provide your car rollover accident lawyer in Albany with information about everyone in your household’s insurance coverage. You could be entitled to compensation from other sources than you realize.
- Document the accident through pictures and videos. Include property damage and injuries.
- Keep meticulous records of all the expenses you encounter from the date of the accident until a settlement is in place.
- Do not provide a written or recorded statement to the insurance company without speaking to your Albany car rollover accident attorney.
- Don’t accept the insurance company’s first offer. A rollover car accident attorney will estimate the damages you are owed. After accepting a settlement, you cannot ask for more later, so make sure it is right the first time.
- Don’t accept any monetary settlement that is designated as a “final payment.”
- Don’t ignore deadlines for filing your claim.
Cost of hiring an Albany rollover accident attorneyWe offer free consultations to our rollover accident clients. You don’t pay if we don’t win. Do not shy away from hiring an Albany car rollover accident lawyer because of the cost. We work on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid if we do the work that secures compensation for you.
Why you should visit a doctor as soon as possibleTo ensure your injuries do not get worse, it is important to first see a medical professional. If treatment is required, getting started early can be crucial to making a full recovery. By taking your health seriously, you demonstrate that your injuries were severe and that you did all you could to restore your own health rather than neglecting your condition and making it worse. This can be important when documenting your injuries and demonstrating their seriousness to the court.
Why work with Shrable Law Firm, P.C.
- We see each client as an individual deserving of sound legal representation. We will fight for the maximum compensation available for our clients.
- Our successful track record speaks for itself. We are as comfortable with negotiations as fighting it out in court.
- We are invested in the people of our community, and that includes you.
Our Albany rollover accident attorneys are ready to helpAt Shrable Law Firm, P.C., our Albany car rollover accident lawyers want your life to return to normal following a traumatic accident. We will not leave a nickel on the table when it comes to fighting for what you are owed. Our compassion and investment in your success make us fight even harder. Contact us today for a free consultation. We can be reached at (229) 349-6291 and are ready to help.
Wrongful Death Claim
Accident victim passed away as a result of the combined carelessness of the driver or her vehicle and the driver of another vehicle.
Albany Personal Injury Lawyer
Albany Office Address
Address : 127 N. Westover Blvd. Ste 3 Albany,
reviews from our injury clients
I have had occasion to deal with Mr. Shrable on a number of occasions. I have found Mr. Shrable to be always prepared, to be a worthy advocate for his clients, and to be well versed in the law with respect to the issues with which he has been confronted. I give him my very high recommendation.
My experience working with Shrable Law Firm was very professional. Beau Shrabe kept me informed on everything that would help with the case. I’m very pleased with the outcome and hard work this law firm put in. I will most differently recommend Shrable Law firm to any of my friends.
Beau and his staff are very professional. They kept me informed at all times about my case. Beau himself would contact me directly. I was with one attorney & wasn’t very satisfied. Beau handled my case very fast and I am greatly appreciative.
Can’t thank this firm enough for helping my family in a time of need. Another lawyer turned us down but this firm took our case and saw it through to a great result. Highly recommend it.
Mr. Shrable was a pleasure to work with. His firm helped me with a franchise agreement and I was extremely impressed with the language that was created and how straightforward everyone was with me during the process. I would use them again.
Yes I highly recommend this place for car accident injuries. They are very respectable and helpful. They keep you updated with your case very frequently and work very hard for their client’s. Love love love them. ❤️❤️
Very fair and will try their best to get what you need, very caring and kind, I recommend this firm to anyone that is looking for someone to fight a case for you.
Great representation for our family when we needed it. He represented us in a vehicle accident lawsuit. We were super impressed at how prepared our lawyer was when we had the deposition. Put us at ease while dealing with an unfortunate (& quite ridiculous) situation. A minimal settlement for the opposing party. Such Friendly, professional staff including the administrative staff. Would highly recommend.
I had the displeasure of being sued after a recent automobile accident. Beau was given my case by my insurance company and handled it well. The plaintiff’s case was weak and the settlement was well below policy limits. I would definitely recommend Beau and The Shrable Law Firm in Americus to others looking for a solid attorney to represent their best interests
Mr. Shrable took on my husband’s case when no one else would. He worked diligently to get it resolved. We are very pleased with the outcome. I highly recommend him.
Amazing work and great customer service. They work hard to get you everything that you deserve. Someone is always available for the client and when you call someone answers, not an automated answer service. Highly recommended for any legal needs that you have.
Beau and his team were very communicative and continued to keep me updated on my case! They explained everything very thoroughly to me so that I understood what was going on. Everytime was done in a timely manner and I’m very thankful I went with him!
My experience with Shrable Law Firm was second to none! Being a veteran it was awesome to work with a veteran owned Law Firm! I would definitely recommend this Law Firm in the future!
It was a great experience having Beau Shrable as our personal injury attorney. He was professional, efficient, and personable. I highly recommend The Shrable Law Firm’s services.
Mr. Shrable went beyond what I expected from an attorney. He made me feel like a part of his family and that he truly cared about my case. I would recommend him to anyone.
I can’t say enough good things about this firm. The character and level of standards that Beau and his team operate by are rarely found. These guys are hands down as good as it gets. I would HIGHLY recommend The Shrable Law Firm, P.C. to anyone in need of legal work.
I continue to retain this office for their services. It’s very difficult to find an honest, professional, friendly, personable law firm. I would recommend anyone who needs help to pick up the phone and start here first.
Beau was one of my defense counsel for about 5 years. Without hesitation, I would hire him again and again. Beau is up front, honest, reliable and knowledgeable. Trust your cases or your clients with him. You will not be sorry!
Courteous & Professional. Do not hesitate to contact The Shrable Law Firm. You will be treated with dignity and class and will be very satisfied with your experience.
Exceptionally knowledgeable and affable, Mr. Shrable demonstrated integrity rarely observed in this day and age. I appreciate his expeditious legal advice, will use his services again should the need arise, and highly recommend his law firm.
Beau went above and beyond after my car accident to make sure that the entire process was handled smoothly and efficiently. The person that rear ended me did not have insurance and that was a huge concern of mine but Beau took care of everything!
Excellent and dedicated attorney. He knows what insurance companies don’t want accident victims to know and makes sure insurance companies do what’s right.
No experience has ever been enjoyable with a lawyer. But after working with Beau on numerous occasions, I have found out it doesn’t have to be that way. Great guy, hard-working and very knowledgeable.
Latest From Our Resources
Who pays for medical bills while my car accident case is pending? In Americus, Georgia, you are responsible for paying for your medical bills from car accident-related injuries while your case is pending, even if the accident wasn’t your fault. Although you are initially responsible for your medical costs after a car accident, you may get them covered by your health insurance, by your auto insurance, or you can ask the medical provider for financial assistance such as a payment plan or if they will work on a lien placed on your settlement or jury award.